Challenging Myths and Changing Attitudes Training
CHALLENGING MYTHS, CHANGING ATTITUDES TRAINING
Thurrock Community Safety Partnership are delighted to announce new dates for the Challenging Myths, Changing Attitudes training. This training is for anyone who is out in our communities in Thurrock and in contact with our residents. All Thurrock Council staff and contractors are suitable for this training.
This will provide a valuable skill set and contribute towards helping to safeguarding individuals.
The outcomes from the training are:-
- To be able to define sexual violence
- To understand the possible impacts of sexual violence on the survivor and their family/friends/partner,
- To feel confident to challenge commonly held myths around sexual violence
- To understand how to provide an effective response to a disclosure, and
- To know what relevant services are available locally.
- Friday 16th April 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
- Tuesday 27th April 2021 - 10:00 till 12:00
- Tuesday 11th May 2021 - 14:00 till 16:00
- Tuesday 25th May 2021 - 14:00 till 16:00
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING IS ONLY OPEN TO COLLEAGUES WHO WORK OR PROVIDE A SERVICE WITHIN THURROCK
To book onto the training, please click here to take you to our Event Management System.
All sessions will be delivered via zoom. You may need to use a personal device to log into Zoom if your organisation does not allow use of this app on work devices, however, all training details will be sent to the work email address you provide at registration. You will be sent some material to read and think about in advance of the online workshop. Please allow an hour to do this.
Whilst this training is free, failure to attend without 48 hours notice will result in a £50 non-attendance fee.
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete the post course feedback at the end of the training session. I am aware that failure to complete this feedback will result in notification to my Manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership. I also understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership/Thurrock Community Safety Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.