FREE Half Days Signs of Safety Training
FREE Half Day Signs of Safety Training for all staff working with the children and young people of Thurrock with an active role in safeguarding
Monday 7th December 2020 - 10.00 till 13.00
Wednesday 17th February 2021 - 10.00 till 13.00
Signs of Safety is a new way of working that has been introduced within Children's Social Care. This will radically change the way we assess and manage risk and the safeguarding of our young people.
All staff working in Children's Services across the Multi-Agency Partnership, who have an active involvement within safeguarding should attend these sessions to learn about the programme, why it is being used and what it means for you.
- This is a free course, however, failure to attend without 48 hours' notice will result in a £50 non-attendance fee. Full details are available in the LSCP Charging Guidelines and Policy.
- Participants are expected to attend the session in full.
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team. Could we please ask that if you are not in receipt of this that you do not attend.
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration.
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this training.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post course feedback at the end of this training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which many affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership and, should I be allocated a place, agree to bring the confirmation with me on the first day of the course. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours' notice.
To book on to the 7th December 2020 course, please click here
To book onto the 17th February 2021 course, please click here
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.