Virtual Inter-Agency Child Protection Training - Level 2/3 - NEW DATES
Virtual Inter-Agency Child Protection Training - Level 2/3
Tuesday 26th January 2021 and Wednesday 27th January 2021 - 13:30 - 16:30
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer the opportunity of Virtual Inter-Agency Child Protection Training Level 2/3. This course will be taking place across two days and will be for three hours per day. The sessions will offer the opportunity for vocal interaction to enable delegates to discuss questions and content, with the presentation visible throughout and you will be able to see the Trainer as well.
As this is a CPD credit course, participants will have to be present for the entirety of the training and will need to attend BOTH sessions.
Please note that all attendees must have previously attended single agency Basic Child Protection training before you book onto this course.
The purpose of this course is for participants to:-
- Consider the impact of personal and professional attitudes on effective investigating, assessing and decision making.
- Consider the diverse range of issues that are covered in child abuse.
- Understand the significant role of all agencies, including your own, in protecting children.
- Develop their understanding of the whole child protection process.
Who For:- Members of the workforce who work predominately with children, young people and or their parents/carers and who potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking Section 47 enquiries:-
e.g pediatricians, GP's, youth and connexions workers, early years workers, midwives, school nurses, health visitors, teachers, YOS workers, private and voluntary sector workers, police, social workers.
Health Staff - this training meets the requirements of level 3 training as outlined in the Intercollegiate Safeguarding Children and Young People roles and competencies for health care staff.
- There will be a charge for attending this training and the charges are set out below with full details available in the LSCP Charging Guidelines and Policy.
- Participants are expected to undertake both sessions.
- Places will be allocated to ensure a variety of agencies are able to attend, if you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team.
Safeguarding Partner or Relevant Agency £50
Private/profit making organisation £100
By submitting the application you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post-course feedback which will be emailed through to me within 48 hours of the end of this training and will also complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and i will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.