Virtual Trauma Informed Practice Training - NEW DATES
Wednesday 21st April 2021
Thursday 20th May 2021
09:15 - 16:15
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to offer you the opportunity to undertake FREE "virtual" Trauma Informed Practice Training.
The purpose of this training is to:-
- Understand the role of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and the impact of these experiences on children, young people and families
- Consider evidence on brain development and the impact of trauma on the brain and nervous system
- Understand the principals of trauma informed practice
- Consider how being trauma informed will impact on the way that we work with families and individuals
- Understand the role of secondary trauma on staff and how to build support to address this.
This training is scheduled for a whole day and will follow the below format:-
- Prior to the training, you will receive a Teams link to access the training and you will also receive a WeTransfer link which contains the training materials required for the course.
- At different points throughout the day, the Trainer will give you time to leave the training session and watch the relevant PowerPoint presentation you received previously – please note that you will need to play this as a slide show as each presentation will contain a video of the Trainer providing a narrative to the presentation. Can we please ask that when you receive the WeTransfer link, that you check that you are able to hear the video for each presentation.
- Once you have watched the presentation, you will re-join the training course where further discussions will take place and possibly some work being undertaken in break out rooms.
- Your attendance at these sessions will be monitored and noted so that we can record that you have completed this training.
- This training will remain free, however, if you fail to undertake the hour seminar, you will be recorded as Did Not Attend and your agency will incur the £50 non attendance fee.
To book onto this training, please click here
By submitting the application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me undertaking this training.
- I agree to complete initial feedback at the end of this training session and will complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my certificate of attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
- For non-chargeable courses, I agree to reimburse Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership for late cancellation or non-attendance, without 48 hours notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.