Designated Safeguarding Leads Initial Training - 2 day course
THIS IS A CHARGEABLE COURSE, FURTHER DETAILS ARE BELOW
This course is designed for those who are new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for child protection. The course explores the role and the responsibilities of the DSL. This course is suitable for Designed Safeguarding Leads, Senior and Middle Leaders.
- Thursday 30th June 2022 and Friday 1st July 2022 - 09.00 till 16.00
- Thursday 13th and Friday 14th October 2022 - 09.00 till 16.00
- Monday 30th January and Tuesday 31st January 2023 - 09.00 till 16.00
- To understand the statutory framework, legislation, policies and procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- To be aware of the full role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- To consider thresholds, including having an understanding of the definition of significant harm and when and how to make referrals
- To be aware of specific safeguarding concerns
- To have an understanding of effective safeguarding arrangements for schools and colleges
To book onto this training, click here
- There will be a charge for attending this training of £90.
- If you have been booked onto this training, you will receive an email from the LSCP Business Team providing you with details of how to access the course.
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and I believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- I agree to complete the post course feedback survey which will be sent out within 48 hours of the end of the training sessions and will also complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my Certificate of Attendance.
- I understand that places will be allocated by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership.