Intra Familial Child Sexual Abuse Training
This course is for anyone who works with Children and Families who would benefit from being able to recognise, assess/refer and support children who are or are suspected of suffering from child sexual abuse which takes place in the family home. This course includes discussion around sibling abuse as well as looking at the impact of the abuse on all members of the family.
The course aim is that practitioners will be more confident in their safeguarding actions in relation to this challenging area of work and have tools which they can take away to assist them in their work.
- To have an understanding of the typology and prevalence of intra-familial child sexual abuse, including sibling abuse
- Have considered how attitudes and beliefs around sexual development can have an influence on our ability to safeguard
- Have an overview of the legal and statutory guidance as well as local protocols in relation to child sexual abuse.
- Have considered the common factors for families where child sexual abuse is a feature
- Have learnt to recognise the indicators of CSA including behavioural and physical markers
- Have considered the impact of this type of abuse on children, siblings, and parents, both short and long term
- Have an awareness of good practice and relevant agencies who can offer support and interventions around for children and families
This training is scheduled for a whole day and will follow the below format:-
- Prior to the training, you will receive a Teams link to access the training and you will also receive a WeTransfer link which contains the training materials required for the course.
- At different points throughout the day, the Trainer will give you time to leave the training session and watch the relevant PowerPoint presentation you received previously – please note that you will need to play this as a slide show as each presentation will contain a video of the Trainer providing a narrative to the presentation. Can we please ask that when you receive the WeTransfer link, that you check that you are able to hear the video for each presentation.
- Once you have watched the presentation, you will re-join the training course where further discussions will take place and possibly some work being undertaken in break out rooms.
||Virtual Microsoft Teams