Working with Children with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
For those working with children with learning difficulties or disabilities there are a lot of increased considerations that need to take place in regards to their safeguarding and care.
This course gives an overview of information and guidance needed for those who work or care for children and young people in this situation.
This wide-ranging course covers the definitions, needs and laws relating to children with learning difficulties and disabilities, including legislation, communication and partnership.
This course covers the following:-
- Views on disabilities and disability awareness
- Types of developmental disabilities
- Models of disabilities
- Barriers faced by disabled children and young people and their families
- Integration and inclusion
- Communication and terminology
- Working in partnership, participation, consultation, person-centered planning
- Safeguarding in relation to disabled children and young people
- Recent research
- Legislation relating to disability issues
This course includes a range of scenarios to enable the learner to reflect on their own practice and engage in their learning. It also includes knowledge check challenges throughout.
You will learn
- Identify different views, types and models of disabilities
- Identify barriers experienced by children, young people and their families - what does equality, diversity and inclusion mean for them?
- Working together with parents or carers and other professionals
- How to safeguarding children with disabilities
- Understand significant legislation relating to disability issues
Who is this for?
- Teaching Assistants
- Pastoral Care
- Nursey Staff
- Daycare Workers
- Childcare Workers
- Social Workers
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 4-5 hours.
The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
Please note that whilst this e-learning course is free, failure to complete within 30 days will result in a charge of £15.
To register for this course, please click here