Safer Recruitment Training
Thurrock LSCP are pleased to announce new dates for our Virtual Safer Recruitment Training course.
It is crucial to create a culture of safer recruitment that includes the implementation of a recruitment procedure that will help to eliminate or identify people who might pose a safeguarding or welfare threat. Within the Children’s Act 2004 the expectation is that organisations fulfil their statutory safeguarding obligations to keep children safe of which Safer Recruitment is an integral part of that requirement.
Our face-to-face courses are delivered by an accredited trainer from the Safer Recruitment consortium - which is certificated and covers:
Safer Recruitment workshop content:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance