Signs of Safety 1 day training - FREE COURSE
Thursday 6th October 2022
Tuesday 7th February 2023
Wednesday 10th May 2023
via MS Teams - 09.30 till 16.30
'Signs of Safety' is a relationship grounded, strengths orientated approach that was originally developed to support effective child protection practice. In the UK, this approach is now being used within a range of settings across the continuum of need including Early Help, Safeguarding, Child Protection, Children in Care, Care Leavers, Youth Justice etc.
This is a whole day course for anyone working with children and families and who is, or could be, involved in multi-agency working using a Signs of Safety approach, for example
- As a Lead Professional, involved in Team Around a Family or Family Network meetings
- Attending Child Protection Conferences
- Core Groups
- Working with children and young people who are in care or involved with Think Family or safeguarding services.
- Be familiar with the principles and disciplines underpinning Signs of Safety and consider how to build and maintain effective relationships with children, young people and families
- Understand how to use the Signs of Safety approach including assessment and analysis (mapping) with children, young people, families and colleagues
- Have considered how they can support children/young people, families and their networks to develop their own safety plans
- Be familiar with a range of tools and methods to actively involve children, young people and families in assessment and planning so that their voice and experience is central to the process and they understand what is happening and who is doing what to support them
- Have considered how they could use the Signs of Safety approach within their own work setting and context
- This training will be offered online via MS Teams
- Participants will be sent a link to access the training and training materials including handouts and links to other resources
- This is an interactive training where participants are encouraged to consider how the content and process can apply to their own experience. We will also use breakout rooms for shared discussion and reflection
Further information can be found at www.signsofsafety.net
To book onto this training, please click here
Please note that whilst this training is free, failure to attend without five working days notice will result in a £50 non attendance fee.
By submitting the application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the below declaration:-
- I confirm that I have read the attendance criteria and learning outcomes for this course and believe that I will significantly benefit from this learning and that I meet the criteria.
- I will take all necessary steps to ensure that the learning outcomes are reinforced in the workplace.
- My Line Manager has agreed to me attending this training.
- I agree to complete post course feedback which will be emailed through to me within 48 hours of the end of this training and will also complete the follow up survey six weeks later. I am aware that failure to complete either of these feedbacks will result in notification to my manager and I will not receive my Certificate of Attendance, which may affect my compliance to meet any statutory requirements.
- I understanding that places will be allocated by Thurrock Safeguarding Children Partnership. I understand that my details may be securely and confidentially retained by Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Partnership for statistical and information purposes only.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the information provided on this form will be held for the purposes of training and development. This information will be stored securely in electronic format and any original hard copies disposed of as confidential waste. The information will be processed by members of the LSCP Business Team and will be kept in accordance with retention policies. It may be shared with other LSCP members for the purposes of audit and scrutiny.